Flute Assembly and Maintenance
• Always consult your teacher if you are not sure how to put together your instrument.
• NEVER force the parts of your instrument together.
• When assembling the flute only hold the non-keyed parts (the barrel and the bottom of the foot).
• NEVER use lubrication of any kind.
• Wipe off your fingerprints after every use. A clean, non-treated cotton cloth will work the best. If you do choose to use a treated polishing cloth be sure that it is for a SILVER finished instrument. Using the wrong cloth could cause scratches.
• Clean out the moisture from your instrument with an absorbent cloth or swab after every use. Clean the inside of all 3 sections of the flute. Removing the moisture from your flute before putting it away each time will prolong the life of the pads.
• Always store your instrument in its case with the lid closed when not in use. This will prevent any excess tarnishing and lower the risk of damage.
• Do not put anything (including sheet music) inside the case with your instrument that does not belong. Closing the case with extra contents can cause damage to the delicate keys. Also, make sure that all the latches are securely closed before transporting your instrument.