An Education in the Arts Encourages High Achievement
• Study of the arts encourages a suppleness of the mind, a toleration for ambiguity, a taste for nuance, and the ability to make trade-offs among alternative courses of action.
• Study of the arts helps students to think and work across traditional disciplines. They learn both to integrate knowledge and to “think outside the box.”
• An education in the arts teaches student how to work together cooperatively.
• An education in the arts builds an understanding of diversity and the multi-cultural dimensions of our world.
• An arts education insists on the value of content, which helps students understand “quality” as a key value.
• An arts education contributes to technological competence.